How To protect your hair extensions from the sun
Throughout our years as hair extension specialists we recognise the importance of protecting your hair and your hair extensions from the harsh rays of the sun. Excessive exposure to the sun can be detrimental to both hair and skin.
As weave stylists we are used to working with the best quality 100% human hair extensions, we feel that in order to ensure the quality of the hair extensions are maintained it is imperative for us to educate our clients. We always advise our clients to use the correct aftercare products to protect their hair extensions from the sunlight especially when wearing lighter colours such as blondes, coppers, and reds as they tend to go much lighter especially if the hair extensions have been bleached. This change in colour is caused by the UV rays of the sun as they have lightening effect on the hair cuticles ( outer layer of the hair) which can cause excessive dryness. The following product companies all do their own range of sun protection products that have been designed to ptotect your hair from the harmful rays of the sun.
Our hair extension specialist have put together 5 important tips for protecting your hair and your hair extensions from the sun.
1. Use a protective water based serum prior to exposure to the sun
2. When shampooing after being in the sun use an after sun care shampoo ( they often contain UV protection)
3. After shampooing use an after sun care conditioner ( this will lock in the ingredients and give more protection)
4. If your going on holiday to a sunny climate you can use a sun screen protective spray.
5. If all else fails invest in a sun hat as not only are they great for warding off the sun but they make really trendy fashion items and finishes off your beach look perfectly!